A Stroll Away
All of these places are within easy walking distance from the convention hotel.
In addition to housing our local Amtrak stop, Union Station is home to a restaurant, several shops, and a number of attractions!
- Science City – A family-friendly complex of hands-on science.
- Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium
- Model Train Gallery
- City Theatre – presents live stage performances
- Regnier Extreme Screen Theatre – a huge screen that shows documentaries and films
- Exhibition space – The exhibit rotates periodically. We don’t know yet what it will house during World Fantasy, but it’s sure to be fantastic!
- Escape Room Kansas City – featuring three different escape room experiences https://www.escaperoomkc.com/
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory – some of the best candy you will find in the city
Across the street and a quick Link walk across the street, the Crown Center shopping area is home to stores, restaurants, theaters, and more.
- Shopping – some stores you’d expect, and some you might not. These shops are worth a look! Hours: Mon-Sat, 10am-6pm; Sun noon-5pm
- Restaurants – there’s quite a variety! More details in the full list of restaurants. NOTE: some Crown Center restaurants close at the same time as the mall, some stay open later. They all close earlier than you might expect, so look up your individual choice’s hours before walking over!
- SEA LIFE Kansas City Aquarium https://www.visitsealife.com/kansas-city
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center – note: adults must be accompanied by at least one child 17 years or younger. Yes, you read that correctly. They do adult nights on select Thursdays, but we do not yet know what their schedule will be around World Fantasy. https://www.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/kansas-city/
- Hallmark Visitor Center https://corporate.hallmark.com/about/hallmark-cards-company/hallmark-visitors-center/
- Kaleidoscope – a Hallmark-sponsored art space for (accompanied) kids 14 and under https://www.crowncenter.com/listings/kaleidoscope
National World War I Museum & Liberty Memorial
Southwest of the Crown Center mall. https://www.theworldwar.org/
Missouri Korean War Veterans Memorial & Washington Square Park
Right off the Link on the way to Union Station